Monday, April 12, 2010

Wall-hanging revamp


A New wardrobe of paint.


All the metal fixtures.... This was a gift- And it just hasn't felt right....so....


With Yellow being so HOT... I must incorporate it a little more....
Just whip out some Yellow Spray Paint, cover completely.

Then out with the acryllics..... I used Grass-green, turquoise, Sunshine Yellow, Royal blue. At first I started painting things certain colors, but then- i messed up, and had to fix it. Got a little wild- I got to mixing things. I was in Da vinci-mode using my color pallet. A little of this and a little of that. And to finish- I usually Add WHITE! I got out the white last-WHITE is an Artist's secret. You add white, and viola.. its like adding heaven- the purity... just think of flower arrangements (baby's breath)... if you're ever struggling with a painting, flowers, and color ensemble ...ADD WHITE!! (it took on a light-yellow)
I got out the power-sander, with 80grit. (I wanted FAST results) And just touched it all over. This is sometimes where I get outta hand! But managed ok.
To Finish it off, I pulled out some Mini Wax Gel Stain. (in Walnut) Ever so lightly I rubbed it on with a rag, and... a little piece of lovely. It was so fun. And fast! Now That wall is so light. We need to repaint....

Enjoy.





1 comment:

  1. Love it! It's so springy and fresh. You make it sound so easy.

    ReplyDelete