Monday, April 5, 2010

Finished!

After sanding, priming wood parts, and painting my table is finally finished. The rain was determined to slow me down, but I finally finished. So here is a few things I have learned:

-spray paint is my new best friend.
-spray paint can look uneven so you'll have to roll the top with regular paint. Luckily I had some lying around.
-not all blacks are alike. You can tell from the photos the table top and legs don't match. Luckily you don't notice it much in person.
-polyacrilic spray from Minwax is NOT worth the hefty price tag. It's around $10 a can and it was really hard to work with. I ended up having to go over everything with stuff from a can and a foam brush. I will not use the spray in the future.
-lastly I learned...embrace what it is. I am a perfectionist, so this concept is hard for me. So I look at the mismatched black, nicks I didn't fill in, and bubbled paint in one or two spots as character.

Use the one on the right, not the one on the left.

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing!!!! I will have to do that do my table once the little ones get big enough to stop ruining it. Does that day actually ever come????

    ReplyDelete