Monday, April 5, 2010

bitten by the painting bug.

While my table was drying (see earlier post) I started on a new project. I had the painting bug and wanted something new to do.
I have a telephone cabinet, that also holds all of my children's arts and crafts supplies. I bought it from Target years ago, and never thought it fit in with my decor. So I knew I could do something different with it.
I forgot to get a before picture in it's place, but here it is in the garage before I started the transformation.
See this hardware has always bugged me. Is it oriental? Or rustic?

So I lightly sanded and painted the cabinet Nutmeg from Rust-Oleum spray paint.



Then I added some black paint to some glaze and painted it all over. Wiping off as much as I wanted. It really added a distressed look. Then I changed out that confusing hardware and added some numbers just for fun.
I'm so happy with how it turned out, and can't wait till my next project presents itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment