Friday, April 9, 2010

A new home for my Jewelry.

Love this new Jewelry holder I made. I saw it on my one of my favorite craft blogs (So you think you can decorate?) http://soyouthinkyoucandecorate.blogspot.com/2010/02/season-1-week-1-accessories.html scroll down till you find it. Then shopping with me friend Mary she picked up some of these knobs and I knew they would be perfect. (good eye Mary) She is even using her knobs for her jewelry holder.
Here's how I did it... I bought a cheap black frame.


Here's the knobs, so vintage, and fun. The blue and cream will go perfectly with my bedspread.
I eye-balled where to drill, I don't like to take time to measure.
Almost done...
For the middle part I added a natural canvas looking cloth. Benjamin Franklin crafts had burlap, but I worried it would be see through, now I realize that those holes would have come in handy for when it was time to put the earrings in. Oh well, lesson learned.

Then I folded over, pulled tight and stapled.
Lastly I added hardward for hanging (no picture) and found the perfect spot in my Master bedroom.

Now I have a place for all my too big, too long jewelry. The best part, the more I add, the more it looks like a work of art.

5 comments:

  1. Did you find those knobs at Marden's? And while I am at it...do you digital scrapbook? Will you teach me? (your blog stalking friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the knobs at Holmwoods. They were half off and cost me $14.00 for all four. Which I thought was pretty good, but Mike thought they were still pricey. Men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! Maybe you can watch for my own blog entry of a "copycat". My big chunky necklace jewelry currently hangs out in my underwear drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so awesome! I can't believe those knobs!!! I want them all over my house!

    PS I want the yellow necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome. It's so fun to see what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete