Monday, May 17, 2010

Fabric necklace

Ta...Daaa!
I took a 4 inch wide by 42 inches- sewed one side all the way down, and turned it. Ironed it- seem running down the middle.
Pinking sheers to trim up the edges, and make it a little raw.
I slid in this green trim- envelope-style...this green trim, YUM. (I found this in the upolster-trim section at JoAnns on clearance-it was my inspiration)
I just put it on my leg, and started folding it in a neckline-shape.
After I pinned my tucks, I started at the green trim and just sewed down the middle.

Found a coordinating fabric- I am freaking out about coral ever since my pal said the word! cut a 2inch by 20inch, sewed it together, tied a knot for the center of the flower.
Then I just kept winding the fabric, hot-gluing as I make the shape I desired.
Using lace, fold on itself to make a leaf.
Glued leaf to flower, and then to fabric.Oh, La la. Lovely.
Making jewelry is a total passion. I make things often. Its just tough to interrupt the creative juices to document, and then blog it. Ahhh, I did it. This was about a 30min project.

No comments:

Post a Comment