Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Made in the Shade

I have been wanting to replace this lamp shade for some time, but nothing has caught my eye. When the other day I was craft blog surfing (the only surfing I can do). and I found my inspiration. A pottery barn inspired lampshade. There is a great tutorial here: http://soyouthinkyoucandecorate.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-03-07T17%3A48%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=4


Here's a few things I did differently. I didn't have black or brown paint on hand (gasp) and I was too anxious to get started so I used a sharpie! My cute husband was a little worried I would ruin the shade, silly husband.

I also had hidden messages in my shade that made it more personal to me and my home. No. 98 (stands for the year I was married) the postmark reads the city and state where I was married and the date Aug. 22. And finally the message I translated into Italian is something my husband and I have said to each other for years in our sweet little love notes to each other. I love my new shade.





No comments:

Post a Comment