Friday, January 29, 2010

Start your Engines

I have recently become a sewer. Meaning, I can plug in my machine, turn it on, and sew a straight line. And I feel like a million bucks! I've made a few pillow cases, and it's given me enough confidence to make this cute craft you see below.

Car Cozies! My boys are getting too big for Matchbox cars (at least I don't ever see them play with them, but as soon as I suggest getting rid of them, they LOVE them.) so I want to start handing some down to good friends and family for birthday presents, but I can't just give away chipped, worn out cars, so I saw this cute Car Cozy and knew it would be perfect. Hope you love them too. I'm going to tackle crayon cozies next.

My inspiration came from: http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/12/cozy-car-caddy-tutorial.html the tutorial here is great, I followed it the best I could, but still made things up as I went.





2 comments:

  1. I've seen the crayon ones, but I love this. My little guy carries around a gallon zip-lock freezer bag with his favs- but this would be perfect for the chump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! They turned out great! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete