Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sew...


I have been a nervous-nelly in the past when it comes to sewing, fabric always look "grandma-ish" or "baby-ish" My Mom makes wonderful comfy quilts that my kids wear out. And any time in the past that I have wanted something sewn, I've just placed a phone call, "Mom..."

But NO MORE!!!

I started a goal (along with my friend Mary and the young women of our ward) to quilt a throw blanket for my living room and along the way I discovered other projects. I have become addicted to fabric and drool over cottony goodness online.


Here's my quilt top: Thanks to Sew.Sew. Cluck for the tutorial and inspiration! http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2008_10_01_archive.html
I can't wait to see it finished. Lovely!
Then I found this post on a fav. blog and had to try: http://www.rufflesandstuff.com/2010/03/ruffly-shirt-refashion.html


And then I got really brave and made a piece of clothing! This fun skirt is so easy and I love how it turned out. Now I can't wait to make more for my girls this summer.




I love how learning something new gives you such a satisfying feeling and your confidence in your abilities grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment