Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine Decor

My mantle. Thanks to my Cricut- I was able to cut perfect hearts to make the garland. Cut and tie them all together- as you can see there is one stubborn heart (at least you can see how they are all tied.) The idea of the burlap wreath came from here. And I did the roses myself!

So... I went to All A Dollar, and bought pink and red roses. My daughter and I had a girls-night and painted them with Martha's glitter glue, and spooned glitter, shook them, set to dry. Then, I just took the picks, pressed them into a brick of floral foam, wrapped it in ribbbon, and viola! All for $3! So excited. I love glitter!
My MIL bought me the LOVE letters, but I am certain with a little modgepodge you could make these yourself! Michaels, JoAnn's everyone's carrying letters these days. I also get a ton of use out of them. Just about EVERY bridal shower I use them as part of the table centerpiece. The little topiary came from The Idea Room. (which is a blog i check all the time!) love her!
This was a super-fast project, taken from Tatertots and Jello. Great inspiration there too!
The wreath is also from here. Way time consuming. Don't know that I could stand to cut circles for 2 hours again... but wait, its lovely! I still want to add some ribbon, but haven't found the right look- and well, time is running out- so I just hung it. And those candles are straight from Smiths- the grocer! ($4.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment